Wednesday, May 11, 2016

1 Surprisingly Good Thing About Alzheimer's

You never know how old you are.

Today is Mum's birthday, if she didn't have Alzheimers I know she would scream "Oooah! I'm so OLD Dahling!!"

Someone at the nursing home yesterday asked me how old she's turning and the truth is I don't know, because Mum used to lie about her age all the time, on medicare forms, passport applications, electoral roles, her drivers license, and all sorts of important documents.

The funny bit was when a doctor or police man or customs officer asked her for her date of birth she'd have to guess it in front of them. If anyone else had done something like this they'd probably have been sent to jail or strip searched - but everyone knew it was my Mum so they just laughed and found it hilarious.

Now that Mum's got Alzheimer's she doesn't know how old she's turning and neither does anyone else. Today is just another day like any other. Finally Mum you can take that secret with you to the grave.



PS. I don't care if you find this blog post offensive, I've always had a black sense of humour which Mum found funny so she would laugh at it anyway, even if you don't. But she might have found it a bit offensive, but that would only have been if it was about someone else, and it's not, it's about her, so she wouldn't have got offended. And she would have found it funny.

1 comment:

  1. I want to share with you a great source about ALS cure my father of 73 years of age got cured from ALS permanently, he was diagnosed at the age of 69 and he have been on a sick bed for many years, he recently got cured with natural herbal treatment from Dr Ogbeifun the traditional herbalist healer. I'm so happy that my father can now live a normal life with me again after many years he suffered from ALS all thanks to Dr Ogbeifun, my father is now free from this deadly disease called ALS, if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr Ogbeifun email is been attached to my post reach him for help ogbefunhearlingtemple @ gmail. com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348102574680.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media Share

Get widget